The latest edition of The Monash University Low FODMAP Diet booklet has just been released.
The new edition of The Monash University Low FODMAP Diet booklet features a range of Asian herbs and spices that were recently tested and a focus on other commonly-consumed foods in the Asian cuisine. All low FODMAP herbs and spices are depicted on the front cover.
These include the following additions:
· vegetables: taro, yam, galangal, chillies etc.
· fruits: breadfruit, guava, dried goji berries, feijoa etc.
· herbs: cilantro, curry leaves, lemongrass, rampa leaves & others
· spices: saffron, curry powder, five spice, coriander seeds, star anise, mustard seeds & others
· updated section on beverages: tea & coffee & coconut water
· condiments: miso paste, fish sauce, shrimp paste, tamarind paste etc.
· others including: chia seeds, egusi or watermelon seeds
It also features two new Asian recipes like 'Thai green chicken curry'.